Friendship, in three screen shots.
So my sister’s out for the day and my sister’s room is completely covered in One Direction posters
So I thought “why not cut out 350 shrek faces
aND MAKE EVERYTHING SHREK”
I PRESENT TO YOU
350 shrek faces
No face left uncovered
Now we wait
MAN DOWN MAN DOWN
This is a thing of beauty
It’s the dedication that makes this joke so funny.
Rose Bowl Stadium | 09.13
"An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.” —Emil Zatopek
We never had a plan to jump right back into it after whirlwind year we’ve had…but sometimes the song calls you. We started writing “Centuries” while we were on tour because we felt the calling. Traveling the world for the last year we have seen and been a part of the landscape and fabric of music - from tiny sweaty clubs in Australia to insanely huge festivals in the UK. It felt impossible not to react to it, to be inspired and to want to scream back. Like The Great One said, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” We don’t feel any urge to turn the clock back; we crave something new, our place in it all. That some kids from the Middle of Nowhere, USA can make a mark or will scream long enough until the world listens is amazing - but it’s all just to prove to the next kid that she can pick up a guitar and know that it is a weapon. Make no mistake, “Centuries” is, at its most distilled, the story of David & Goliath. It is us passing along the story of how we feel right before we step on stage, trading feeling small and human for all the sweat and grit and sheer power of belief it takes to stare down a giant. Sometimes wrongs are righted. Sometimes if you scream loud enough the world will listen. Sometimes the quintessential loser wins. Sometimes the giant falls.
Watch the launch video (shot primarily in the Hyperlapse app), official video coming soon. Download the song on iTunes. S/o to our DCD2 girl LOLO for lending vocals on the song.
New album coming soon on DCD2/Island Records!
p.s. if the song is not up right away globally, keep checking back.
remember me for centuries
And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it
and keep it frozen and know that life has a hopeful undertone
I was tagged by misharoux god knows how long ago. Hi, tumblr! How u is?
ONCE YOU GET THIS YOU HAVE TO SHARE 6 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF AND THEN TAG YOUR 6 FAVORITES
1. I can hear church bells and the USC marching band from my bed and i can see the LA skyline from our couch. It’s a good life.
2. As of Tuesday, I’ve seen Panic! at the Disco four times in the last 12 months, and five times overall.
3. Upcoming events include: (Sept) One Direction, (Oct) Twenty One Pilots and (Nov) The 1975 and I’m not against adding some more. Concert addiction is so real.
4. I am currently basking in funemployment and recovering from retail trauma. This will only be enjoyable for about a week.
5. Idk man, when pressed with thinking about facts about myself I’m just like lost? So uh I listened to Modern Baseball for four solid hours yesterday, no regrets.
6. ummmm if an item of clothing is either gray or black or floral print, I want it?? If it has a weird repeating animal print on it (like flamingos or koalas or whatever, not like CHEETAH PRINT animal print), I also want it.
I TAG WHOEVER WANTS TO DO THIS BECAUSE IONNO.
|—||Coach Whitey Durham, One Tree Hill|
haha if u ever think ur a screw up remember that sometimes sloths grab their own limbs thinking theyre branches and fall out of trees